The Episcopal Church in Hampton, New Hampshire Trinity Episcopal Church
About
Copyright 2017 Trinity Episcopal Church, Hampton, New Hampshire  03842     603-926-5688      trinity55ad@gmail.com
Trinity’s History

We used to face the other way...

Over 60 years of service to the Hampton area

Trinity Episcopal Church of Hampton, New Hampshire has a long tradition in the community dating back to the early 1950's. The parish’s unofficial first service was held at the Old Grange Hall on September 13, 1953. The service attracted 43 worshipers and was celebrated by the Venerable Roger Barney. Two years later, Trinity was officially recognized by the Diocese as a mission in 1955, and the Reverend Parkman Howe – formerly curate at Christ Church, Exeter – was named Trinity’s first Vicar. The Grange Hall served as Trinity’s home until 1959 when Hobbs House at 200 High Street – the church’s current location – was purchased. The Right Reverend Todd Hall performed a dedication service at Hobbs House on May 17, 1959, and the church has been operating at the same location ever since. Today, under the leadership of the Reverend David "Chip" Robinson, Vicar, the congregation is in a Shared Ministry with Christ Episcopal Church in Portsmouth, and continues its vital place in the Hampton community.
Back in those days, Trinity's altar was located at what is now the back of the church where the organist and choir raise a joyful noise!

It’s 1972 and

the steeple is

raised!

Workers guide Trinity's steeple into place back in 1972.

In the early days...

...we worshiped in Hobbs Hall on folding chairs. The altar was on what now is the stage.

The church as it appears today

The picture below was taken at our Epiphany Feast of Lights service in January, 2013.
The Episcopal Church in Hampton, New Hampshire Trinity Episcopal Church
About
Copyright 2017 Trinity Episcopal Church, Hampton, New Hampshire  03842     603-926-5688      trinity55ad@gmail.com
Trinity’s History

Over 60 years of service to the Hampton area

Trinity Episcopal Church of Hampton, New Hampshire has a long tradition in the community dating back to the early 1950's. The parish’s unofficial first service was held at the Old Grange Hall on September 13, 1953. The service attracted 43 worshipers and was celebrated by the Venerable Roger Barney. Two years later, Trinity was officially recognized by the Diocese as a mission in 1955, and the Reverend Parkman Howe – formerly curate at Christ Church, Exeter – was named Trinity’s first Vicar. The Grange Hall served as Trinity’s home until 1959 when Hobbs House at 200 High Street – the church’s current location – was purchased. The Right Reverend Todd Hall performed a dedication service at Hobbs House on May 17, 1959, and the church has been operating at the same location ever since. Today, under the leadership of the Reverend David "Chip" Robinson, Vicar, the congregation is in a Shared Ministry with Christ Episcopal Church in Portsmouth, and continues its vital place in the Hampton community.

It’s 1972 and the

steeple is raised!

Workers guide Trinity's steeple into place back in 1972.

The church as it

appears today

The picture below was taken at our Epiphany Feast of Lights service in January, 2013.